Main Suspect In 1982 Tylenol Murders Found Dead- James Lewis Obituary News

James Lewis was known as the main suspect in the 1982 murder, who has now passed away, as he was reportedly found dead, on July 9, 2023, at the age of 76.

The Tylenol murders happened in 1982, where James Lewis was reported as the main suspect in the murder. James Lewis died at his suburban Boston home at the age of 76. May his soul find a peaceful rest.

The 1982 murder case was a tragic and fearful one as seven people were recorded in Sept. 1982, in which James was known as a prime suspect. The seven murder victims died due to taking Tylenol that was laced with lethal doses of potassium cyanide.

Lewis was a tax consultant who sent a letter to Johnson & Johnson and said he would stop the killings if the company paid him a million dollars. He was convicted of extortion and spent 12 years in prison. But investigators never found hard evidence to tie him to the poisonings and was never held accountable for the murders of the seven victims.

“(The FBI) went through some of his stuff and found the handbook of poisons,” St. Clair told WGN News last September. “And in the years since, they have finger printed that book and on page 196, the page that includes information on how much cyanide is needed for a fatal diose in the average human, they found Jim Lewis’ fingerprint.”

“I was saddened to learn of James Lewis’ death,” Jeremy Margolis told the Tribune. “Not because he’s dead, but because he didn’t die in prison.”

The 1982, Tylenol poisoned victims were identified as Mary McFarland, Mary Kellerman, Paula Prince, Mary “Lynn” Reiner and the Janus family — Stanley, Adam and Terri, may their souls continue to rest in peace.

In 1974, his 5-year-old daughter died after sutures used to fix her heart defect tore, due to this paining lost of his, he decided to revenge her death by killing seven victim through Tylenol but denied ever been the killer.

The prime suspect has now passed away, as he was found dead. His cause of death remains unknown. May his soul rest in peace.