in , ,

Daniel Windus Death News: Arizona Teen Kills Father, Then Self in Murder-Suicide, Police Says

Daniel Windus Death News: Arizona Teen Kills Father, Then Self in Murder-Suicide, Police Says

Daniel Windus Obituary: Two men are dead after a shooting was reported at a home in a north Phoenix neighbourhood on Sunday morning. The active police situation continued after police said “possible hazards” were found inside the house. According to Phoenix police, a shooting call was reported just before 6 a.m. at a home near 40th Street and Sweetwater Avenue, north of Cactus Road.

Officers arrived at the scene and found a man dead in a car in the driveway of the home who appeared to have been shot. The woman who had called the police came out of the home and told the officers her husband, 54-year-old Preston Windus, was dead inside, police say. She told police that her 19-year-old son, Daniel Windus, had shot him. Investigators say Preston Windus was shot and killed by his 19-year-old son, who afterward walked outside and into the vehicle, where he turned the firearm on himself. “Hopefully, we’ll be able to get some answers and some closure for the family,” said Sgt. Phil Krynsky, Phoenix Police Department.

Arizona’s Family News crews were on the scene and spotted one officer pointing a rifle at the home. Investigators say other “possible hazards” were inside the house, residents were asked to avoid the area, and nearby homes were evacuated. The bomb squad was called to respond but found no device. “There were some concerns that there were possibly some hazardous materials inside the home, so we did have officers from our Tactical Support Bureau respond and later be able to make sure the home was clear,” said Sgt. Krynsky.

Homicide detectives were on the scene for over 12 hours, collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, and looking into any potential security video. “It makes me uncomfortable with a family of my own. I know there are several other families that live in this neighbourhood, which is very close by. It definitely isn’t a comfortable feeling to see as many police and the street shut down like it is today,” said Justin, a neighbour. “Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers,” said neighbour Bryanna Christensen.

Those who live nearby are saddened by the news, saying this is usually a quiet neighborhood. “Our hearts definitely go out to the family, and we just want to make sure we’re doing our part and conducting a thorough investigation,” said Sgt. Krynsky.

The investigation remains active as detectives continue to sift through evidence and await the findings from the Office of the Medical Examiner.