The University of Greenwich is offering scholarships for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications program in the 2023/24 academic year. Here are the key details:
- Scholarship Value: Each scholarship provides financial support in the form of either a £10,000 cash bursary or a fee waiver. These funds are aimed at helping students from underrepresented backgrounds to successfully complete their studies and enter the AI and Data Science workforce. Part-time students will receive a pro rata amount of this scholarship.
- Total Scholarships Available: A total of 30 scholarships are available for the 2023/24 academic year.
- Eligibility: These scholarships are open to two groups of students:
- New applicants to the University of Greenwich who intend to study the MSc in Data Science and its Applications.
- Current or former undergraduate students at the University of Greenwich who are pursuing the same MSc program.
- Priority Groups: Priority for scholarship funding will be given to students who belong to underrepresented groups. This includes female students, black students, disabled students, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds. The aim is to promote diversity within the AI and data science workforce.
- Application Process: To be considered for these scholarships, eligible students must complete their application for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications and provide a personal statement explaining their eligibility, reasons for applying to the course and scholarship, and how the scholarship will benefit their academic and career aspirations.
The goal of these scholarships is to support students from underrepresented backgrounds in pursuing their studies in data science and AI, ultimately contributing to a more diverse and inclusive AI and data science workforce.
University of Greenwich Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/24, UK. is available to undertake Masters level programs at University of Greenwich UK.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Artificial Intelligence
The scholarship is a £10,000 cash bursary or fee waiver to study MSc in Data Science and its Applications course at the University of Greenwich.
Students with UK nationality or residence status, and meet the nationality or residency status criteria to qualify for the postgraduate masters’ loan
The scholarships for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications for the September 2023/24 academic year prioritize the following four groups for eligibility:
- Black students
- Female students
- Disabled students
- Students from low socioeconomic backgrounds (Index of Multiple Disadvantage quintiles 1 and 2, low household income)
In addition to these primary eligibility criteria, consideration will also be given to applicants who fall into other underrepresented categories within the following secondary categories:
- Care experienced students
- Estranged students
- Gypsy, Roma, Traveller students
- Children from military families, veterans, and partners of military personnel
Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- Have UK nationality or residence status, and meet the nationality or residency status criteria required to qualify for a postgraduate master’s loan.
- Hold an offer to study the MSc in Data Science and its Applications for the September 2023/24 academic year.
- Have studied a non-STEM subject (e.g., economics, business, arts) or far-STEM subject (e.g., biology, geography, psychology, medicine) at the undergraduate degree level.
- Not have already completed a postgraduate degree in the same broad subject area as MSc Data Science and its Applications (e.g., computer science, AI, data science) or in a core-STEM subject (e.g., physics, engineering, mathematics, statistics, IT).
These criteria outline the specific groups and qualifications that will be given priority when awarding scholarships for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications program for the specified academic year.
To apply for the scholarship, you should complete the application process for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications at the University of Greenwich. Here are the key steps and important dates to consider:
- Application Submission: You must apply for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications through the University of Greenwich’s online application form.
- Personal Statement: As part of your application, you are required to submit a personal statement. In this statement, you should clarify which of the nine scholarship eligibility criteria you meet, explain why you are interested in both the course and the scholarship, and describe how receiving this scholarship would benefit you in your academic journey and future goals. The statement should not exceed 300 words.
- Application Assessment: The scholarship applications will be assessed starting from March 16, 2023. Scholarships will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis to applicants belonging to the four priority groups.
- Consideration of Secondary Criteria: After March 16, 2023, consideration will also be given to applicants meeting the secondary criteria in the other underrepresented categories. This will commence from June 30, 2023.
- Notification: All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their offer to study the course and whether they have been awarded the scholarship as soon as possible.
- Scholarship Availability: Once all available scholarships have been awarded, updated information will be posted on this website page to indicate that the scholarship application process has been closed.
In summary, to be considered for the scholarship, applicants should apply for the MSc in Data Science and its Applications, provide a personal statement explaining their eligibility and motivation, and adhere to the specified application deadlines. Scholarships will be distributed based on priority groups and, if available, to applicants meeting secondary criteria.