Armita Garavand Obituary; After A Month Of Being In A Coma Armita Garavand Passes Away.

Armita Garavand, a teenage girl who was taken to the hospital in a vegetative state after losing consciousness in the Tehran subway, was declared deceased by Iran’s state-run media on Saturday.

This 16-year-old schoolgirl “passed away after the failure of extensive medical treatments and 28 days of being in the intensive care unit,” according to a report published on October 28 by the state news agency IRNA.

“The victim suffered a brain injury that caused her to spend some time in a coma and she passed away a few minutes ago,” the news agency continued.

The report was also released as news by other government-affiliated outlets, such as Tasnim, Fars, and Donya-e-Eqtesad.

After boarding a subway car in Tehran’s Shohada metro station on October 1, 16-year-old Armita Garavand went unconscious. It was then revealed that she had entered a state of coma.

According to a footage that the Tehran train company provided, Armita Garavand was unconscious as multiple people carried her off the train car shortly after she got inside. On the other hand, rumors going around social media claim that she was shoved by security personnel because she wasn’t covering her head, which caused her head to strike a metal bar and knock her out. She was moved to Tehran’s Fajr Hospital following the event, where she was placed under strict security and nobody was permitted to get close to her.

The regime’s representatives claimed that “a drop in blood pressure” was the reason behind her unconsciousness after getting on the subway car, but human rights sources had suggested that it might have been something like the interaction Mahsa Amini and the Morality Police had experienced.

Immediately after the incident was reported, a journalist who had gone to investigate the matter was detained for several hours, and afterward, state security forces isolated Armita Garavand’s family and blocked all avenues for journalists and reporters inside the country.