Grant Jeanjaquet Death: St. Vincent College nursing student identified as Westmont fire victim


Grant Jeanjaquet Obituary News – Death: St. Vincent College nursing student identified as Westmont fire victim.

Grant Jeanjaquet, a 22-year-old nursing student at St. Vincent College, Latrobe, who worked in the emergency room at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, has been named as the victim of Wednesday’s horrific house fire in Westmont Borough, according to authorities.

According to Jeffrey Lees, the coroner for Cambria County, Jeanjaquet was overpowered by poisonous smoke and fumes.

Between the couch and the wall on the first floor, he was discovered.

Rescued and transported to Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center on Franklin Street were five family members.

The mother’s status, 41, is steady. The father, 37, was discharged from the hospital. One of their two kids, who is in critical condition, and the other, who is in stable condition, are their two daughters, aged 18 and 14. A boy, age 5, was also freed.

West Hills Deputy incident Chief Kevin Schrock noted that although the incident was determined to be unintentional, an investigation is still ongoing.

The two-story home in the 200 block of Fayette Street caught fire about 2:05 a.m. on Wednesday.

When a smoke alarm went off, everyone was deep asleep. Other family members were able to be awakened by the father.

According to Schrock, the mother returned inside the house to save her youngest daughter, who was sound asleep in a bedroom on the second floor.

Firefighters entered the home and started searching when they discovered the mother and daughter unconscious in the bedroom, he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button